Now that the warmer weather has (hopefully) arrived, we’re filling our calendar with more events and preparedness-related activities and opportunities. Most of these have been on our website’s Event Calendar for awhile but we want to call them to your attention here nonetheless! Some of these are events where we’ll be doing outreach; you can stop by to pick up materials or ask us questions.
- 4/22-24, Partners In Prepardness Conference (Tacoma)
- 4/23, Deadline for the Hazard Mitigation Plan update survey.
- 5/4, West Seattle Bee Festival in Highland Park (outreach)
- 5/8, Emergency Management Magazine’s All Hazards/All Stakeholders conference
- 5/17, Citywide Emergency Communication Hubs Drill (9 AM – noon)
- 5/18, Alki Summer Streets (outreach)
- 5/18, SNAP Shot Workshop at SW Library
- 6/21, Morgan Junction Festival (outreach)
We’ll add links to additional information as these dates get closer, and will continue to add new events as we hear about them. So, check back!
You can find the schedule of all Office of Emergency Management classes here.
Visit the Training & Education page of our website for additional suggestions (including some very good online classes)!