Update 10/10/18: As of early October, both sessions were full / sold out. If you signed up and can not attend the November 3rd session, please cancel your registration. As openings become available, the Sign-up Genius tool will allow others to sign up for those seats. If you hope to attend, keep trying!
As we mentioned earlier, we’re hosting two almost identical preparedness sessions this fall. We’ve added more details below, as well as a link so that you can register!
Is West Seattle prepared (for the Big One)?
Sunday, October 7, 2 – 5 pm,
High Point Community Center
6920 34th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98126
Saturday, Nov. 3, 9 – noon,
Hiawatha Community Center
2700 California Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116
Learn about and discuss what we should do in West Seattle!
- Hosted by Glenn Farley, Natural Disasters Reporter, KING-5 News.
- Opening keynote sessions by Dave Nichols, Certified Emergency Manager and West Seattle resident speaking on community preparedness. And, a presentation about Northwest earthquake science from Harold Tobin, Director, Pacific Northwest Seismic Network (October session only) / Sandi Doughton, Seattle Times Science Reporter (November session only).
- Hear about response plans from Seattle Police, Fire, Emergency Management and
King County Public Health.
- Learn how you can be better prepared personally.
- Learn what steps you can take to mitigate your potential damage.
- Learn skills to help you quickly respond to a disaster with demonstrations on water purification, sanitation in disasters, utility shut off, and other urban survival skills.
- Meet your neighbors so that we work effectively together for recovery.
Free and open to everyone! We especially encourage families with children, tenants, seniors and those new to West Seattle to join us!
Register today to reserve a seat, and to reserve interpretation services for Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese & ASL. https://bit.ly/2PcsqEQ
You can share or print these English and translated .pdf versions of our flyer.
- WS events Fall 2018 poster Final English
- WS events Fall 2018 poster Final Somali
- WS events Fall 2018 poster Final Spanish
- WS events Fall 2018 poster Final Vietnamese
Click here to view our new informational video!
Hosted by the West Seattle Hubs and West Seattle Be Prepared http://westseattlebeprepared.org
This project is funded by a Neighborhood Matching Fund award from the City of Seattle, Seattle Department of Neighborhoods.